Monday, 21 January 2013

Making Incenses

This week the group I am part of have are going to run a fundraising stall to earn some money for an event we aim to be holding soon, as so we have been working on different crafts to sell.
Some have made candles, jewelry and cakes to sell and I have been making incenses and a couple of spell bags so far. Below is a video of me explaining how I make loose incense :)


What I found interesting was that this craft easily feeds into my last post about Green Magick and Kitchen witchcraft, as it uses kitchen tools (mortar, pestle, spoon) and kitchen/green ingredients. I made a selection of incense blends for specific purposes and most of them smell quite good! I am no professional at this but I enjoy it. I looked at all the herbs I had and read on the label or intuited their magickal properties, putting them together according to that, smelling nice too! The Protection one does have garlic in - but I covered that up with Lemon oil; I wanted the garlic as I find that highly associated with protection. So in case you're interested here are my made up recipe's (Love is my favourite one!).

  • LOVE:
Rose petals, Hibiscus Flower, Patchouli, Frankincense and Myrrh Resin, Rose oil.



  • SLEEP:
Lavender, Vervain, Pennyroyal, Frankincense and Myrrh Resin, Lavender oil.



  • WEALTH:
Chamomile, Comfrey, Basil, Frankincense and Myrrh Resin, Olive oil.


  • PSYCHIC:
Yarror, Mugwort, Cinnamon, Frankincense and Myrrh Resin, Almond oil.

  • PROTECTION:
Solomon's Seal Bark, Agrimony, Comfrey, Garlic (only a little bit!!!), Frankincense and Myrrh Resin, Lemon Verbena oil.

  • PURIFICATION:
Sage, Vervain, Lemon Balm, Frankincense and Myrrh Resin, Lemon Verbena oil. 


  • HEALTH:
St Johns Wort, Vervain, Cinnamon, Frankincense and Myrrh Resin, Almond oil. 

4 comments:

  1. I got into making my own incense a few months ago. I think it's fun, and also very meaningful. Thanks for sharing your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi!I'm a person who tries to find the spiritual path.I was searshing about wicca when i saw your video on youtube about the book of spells.could you posssibly give me an email adress in order to connact you?I need to know sone things and i think i must contact with a wiccan to know the truth.
    thanks for reading my comment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I reply through Youtube so please contact me through there.

      Delete